Although I have not taken a moment to blog about my gratefulness recently, I do try to note something each day for which I am grateful. It always helps me to remember those little moments and helps keep a positive mindset. This week has given me many opportunities to feel grateful:
- Finding my voice and strength to say, “No, thank you.” I can say I tried this opportunity, and I think both sides could foresee that this wasn’t going to be a good fit.
- Reconnecting with old friends. I am so grateful to have two pals who I have known for so long- they are like brothers to me. We had drifted apart over the years, but when Daddy passed, they stepped in immediately and wanted to help however they could. We’ve been trying to keep in touch better, and we enjoyed coffee together this past week.
- Time with Mom and Mon Cœur (MC) – we had a special bonding time at the library last week for story time. I would love for us to make it a weekly routine for us three. MC simply adores her Mooma, and I love the time that we all get together.
- More time to spend with Chouchou – we spent a couple of family days together and got in some nice walks as a family in the mild temps. It poured down rain the last couple minutes of our last walk, and that added some extra adventure, a sprint home, and something to laugh about later! Chouchou was able to accompany us to story time today which was another bonus.
- More time to create with MC. We’ve painted two canvases and tried collaging this week! I think collaging may require a little more patience and focus – we were frequently side tracked by the amazing trick of spinning a glue stick and it lowering and rising!
What are you grateful for this week?