As I transitioned back to staying at home, committing to Mon Cœur (MC) and Chouchou full time and trying to post regularly, I decided to try at least one new Instant Pot recipe a week. I started looking online and then I found an Instant Pot app.
Yes – there’s an app for the Instant Pot. And I love it.
Three reasons to love the Instant Pot app:
- You can change the number of servings and the recipe ingredient amounts are automatically adjusted. An accurate cooking time and difficulty level are also included.
2. It has step by step directions and timers built in that you can start and stop as you reach those parts of the recipe.
3. The recipes run the gamut from desserts to soups to roasts. All sorts of recipes are available to try from the traditional to the adventurous.
Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
I tried Heather Schlueter’s recipe which I found on the app. Although I was worried at first about the soup being a little too runny, it did thicken up and was wonderfully delicious.
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 red potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp sliced fresh chives
- Preheat Instant Pot on Sauté.
- When hot, add bacon and cook until crispy, 5 minutes.
- Cancel sauté, remove bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Drain off bacon fat.
- Add onion, potatoes, seasonings, and broth to pot. Stir well.
- Close, lock lid and ensure steam release handle is in sealed position.
- Pressure cook on manual, high for 5 minutes.
- Natural release for 10 minutes then quick release.
- Add sour cream, cheddar, and bacon to pot and stir well.
- Garnish with fresh chives.
I made this on a cold rainy day, and this was the perfect cure.
Do you have a favorite soup you make in the Instant Pot, or any favorite recipes from the app? Share them in the comments section!
***all photo images for this post come from the Instant Pot App. All credits for food pics go to Heather Schlueter. I was not quick enough with the camera before the family taste-tested!***